Thursday, April 3, 2014

ORC LINKING PARTY, ROUND 2, WEEK 1

So it's time for Linda's One Room Challenge.  Yay!  This time,  I'm going to tackle the girls' room. 



Sabrina, my 3 yr. old is finally done sleeping in her crib so I am combining the 2 girls in one room.
Since my 9 yo has the bigger room, we are going to transform her room into a shared bedroom and make Sabrina's room a computer/study room.


Here are some before photos...







and my plan...


girls' room


girls' room

Right after the last ORC, I knew I was going to re-do this room so I've been slowly collecting items for this room.

I already have...

-faux bamboo headboards and beds
-Henredon burl nightstand (which I may or may not use)
-waterfall stools
-faux bamboo lamp (free from my husband's aunt)
- a Kent Coffey chinoiserie dresser
-and I'm going to keep the existing wall paint color (tidewater by Sherwin Williams)


I have to...

1. update the headboards
2.  DIY a pelmet box for the window
3. Recover the waterfall stools
4.  DIY the bedskirts and pillows
5.  Purchase mirror and rug
6.  Paint the dresser
7.  Figure out the chandelier
8. Accesorize


Come join me for the next six weeks to see the transformation while I link up with the ORC party at Calling it home and see what the other participants are up to!



Thanks Linda for hosting yet another awesome party!









27 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I love this moodboard and can't wait to see your signature mix of lovely vintage pieces.

House of Pemberley said...

Lucky girls! This will be stellar. I cannot wait!

aquahaus said...

Can this be my room? yes, I saw EH's post. Thinking about it!

Mallory said...

ohhh i'm excited for this...you had me at faux bamboo headboards! Can't wait to follow along!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I love your ORC projects! This will be fun!

Gwen, The Makerista said...

Can't wait to follow along!

Krista @ Goodwill Glam said...

I'm loving this already!!! Can't wait to see it all come together!

XO,
Krista
www.goodwillglam.com

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Get out!! this is going to be amazing!! I love those benches and the color combinations! Can't wait

Rebecca { MyDarlingHouse} said...

Love this already! Those stools are terrific!

Unknown said...

Love the collection of goodies you have already amassed for this room, it will be gorgeous with your touches! And how fun for the girls to share a room I'll be they are excited!

Stacey {steward of design} said...

I'm sure this will turn out great like everything else you do. Can't wait to see.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Those headboards are so pretty and I can't wait to see your progress with this room!

kate@willowinteriors said...

Way to have a plan! I'm doing my daughter's room as well, but currently am all over the board... Love all your finds and can't wait to see you use them in this space!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

This is going to be adorable!! I love the headboards, and well, everything else too ;)

mrs. V | Chez V said...

This is going to be crazy good. I want every. single. thing. on your mood boards.

Vel Criste said...

This will look great for sure Charmaine! Love the fabulous dresser!

Tiffany said...

This is going to be so so good. Love everything you've planned.

Jessie said...

Fabulous moodboard. I love all the beautiful pieces you have collected so far. Looking forward to see progress next week!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

Ooh! I love the pieces you've been collecting. I can't wait to see it all put together!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Hi Charmaine, wow you already have some amazing pieces. I love girl's rooms. Can't wait to see this one come to life. Happy you joined in.

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

I am ENVIOUS of what the list of items that you already have for the girls room all of it sounds fabulous and I cannot wait to see the changes! Good luck!

Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com said...

I am ENVIOUS of what the list of items that you already have for the girls room all of it sounds fabulous and I cannot wait to see the changes! Good luck!

SHERRY HART said...

Oh yes! I love your thoughts on this room! Starting from the color of the walls to that fabulous console. I literally can't wait for the reveal:)

Unknown said...

Adore Adore your plan and can't wait to see this one come together!!!!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Can I tell you how much I'm dying over those gorgeous headboards? And I love the wall color you're staying with too. It's going to be a beautiful space!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I love that you are using your amazing stash to create such a great room for your girls. With all of those fab pieces you can't go wrong! :)

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Great room plan! Looks like you are well on your way. The girls are going to love their new room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails