Thursday, April 24, 2014

ORC LINKING PARTICIPANT, ROUND 2, WEEK 4

 Welcome to the One Room Challenge Linking Party!  If you are new here, the ORC is created by Linda of Calling it Home where a group of 20 bloggers design a room in 6 weeks.  Last year, Linda was kind enough to host an ORC Linking Party where 70 something bloggers joined in the fun (including me!) She is hosting another one this year and on this round, I am redoing my girls' room.  We are at week four.
If you missed the previous weeks, you can check them out here.


I only managed to do a couple of things last week.


I was able to reupholster one of the waterfall stools...





 We also got the faux sheepskin rug.  It is so fluffy and pretty and more importantly, the girls love it.  I think it makes the room.  I'm considering ordering a smaller one for the study room.


 I'm not sure if I like the Henredon nightstand in this room.  The scale is a little off and I'm not liking the burl against the aqua wall.
(What do you think?)


My older daughter, Alex, likes this ikea expedit better (from the basement playroom)...
I don't hate it but I like to incorporate a piece of wooden furniture in this room.  Unless I find the perfect piece in two weeks, this may have to do for now.  (or I'll try the burl again once the room is done and see how it looks. DADD much?!)

 I did a little sprucing up by changing the knobs...



and a little styling...


The venetian mirror is up too...
(yes, this room is on a slight angle ;) , no time to edit!)

As for the study room, I was only able to paint the mirror going above the sectional...



(this mirror came with the dresser)


I still have to...

1.  Update the headboards
2. DIY a pelmet box
3.  Recover the waterfall stools (one more to go)
4. DIY the bedskirts and pillows
5. Purchase the mirror and rug
6. Paint the dresser
7.  Figure out the chandelier 
8.  Accessorize

And for the study room..
1.  Repaint the Etageres in coral pink
2. Replace the area rug and chair
3. Paint and hang a mirror above the sectional
4.  Unsure if I want to replace the wallpaper or just cover that entire wall with art.
5.  Accessorize



Gah!  I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Let's check out what the others are doing!



14 comments:

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I think you got a lot done. I can't believe I am voting for Ikea over burl but once you changed the hardware and styled it looked great.

Unknown said...

It's hard to get a sense of the scale from the photo but I like the burl wood chest against the wall color. Not surprising because I love everything you do in your home! Cornice is fab!!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

You got so much done!! Those knobs are so cute!! Everything looks fabulous so far! I adore those benches

aquahaus said...

Hmmmm... I still love the burl. Adds so worldliness. But your styling of the Ikea is great too. The bench looks awesome on the sheepskin.

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of the burl too! I just love your overall color pallette and aesthetic...can't wait to see the finale!

Unknown said...

The Ikea looks great all styled, but I like the Burl, the lines pick up on those of your waterfall stools. Maybe a different lamps and styling?
Things are really coming together!

Unknown said...

Love the Ikea Expedit in the room with the updated knobs, so creative and you would never know! I'm bias because I have the Ikea Expedit in my office. It's amazing what a little styling can do to change your mind on a piece of furniture. You've done a lot! I'm getting nervous about my "punch list/to do list" and my upholster headboard custom update is one of them too. :) Good luck!

Vel Criste said...

I like the burl but your right, the scale is off so for now, I'm liking the expedite too! I know you'll find something for that, ikaw pa?! Love how our re-upholstered the stools, galing!

Unknown said...

I like the Ikea best! Love the lamp...coming right along! Way to go!
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com

Stacey {steward of design} said...

That rug looks like a fluffy cloud. How fun and cozy. I like the ikea table best, and I love the pulls you added!

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

It's coming along nicely!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That is quite a list! I still cannot believe what you are able to find. I liked the Henredon piece, but your daughter should love it. The white one looks perfectly organized.

kate@willowinteriors said...

This all looks great! The Expedite looks a little high but I love the knobs and styling! I like the Henredon one. My daughter's rug (the same one!)is still rolled up in my living room! It looks great! Is the shedding a factor and did you put a pad underneath? I didn't order one with it, but not it feels a little thin...

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

It's looking great! I love the mirror so much!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails