Monday, February 4, 2013

SHOPPING IN MANILA(part 2)

Last week, we went to Dapitan Market, a public market in Quezon City where you can buy mostly Philippine handcrafted items, home furnishings and accessories  and even christmas decorations for a very reasonable price.

Here are some items that caught my eye (but ended up not getting)...


lucite chandelier...
(I know, I'm going to regret this one)


chain mirror...


foo dogs...


elephant sculpture...
(and this one too!)


My sister, Choc, ended up getting this chandelier...
(It now sits in her living room.   I'll show you some pics later) 

My other sister, Yvette, found 3 chairs.  All used but in great condition (with great bones).  Nothing a good reupholster can't fix( And as I've mentioned before, labor here is so cheap)

Our favorite is this S chair...


the backs are amazing...
(She plans to paint it white to fit the style of her home.  She is almost done renovating her house.  Can't wait to share some pics of her house too!)






As for me, I got a capiz lotus chandelier...

(Did you know that Capiz shells are mostly found in the shallow waters of the Philippines?)

You can basically have anything custom made here.  Any shape, any size.
You are going to hate me if I tell you how much I got mine for.  (So, so cheap!)
I'm going to hang this one in our entryway.


I have a couple more days left before I head back to Milwaukee.  (It's always bittersweet.)

Can't wait to get back though and I promise to catch up with blog reading.

Happy Monday Everyone!

6 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I love Dapitan Charmaine!!!!! Love all your finds esp. the chandy. how much were they? I also can't wait to see your sisters place. Enjoy, enjoy!

Unknown said...

Ohhh Charmaine, what cool things.. Do you ship your capis light back or hand carry it? It is gorgeous, and Ive always loved those. You can tell us how much you paid for it, cause it cost you plane fare to get it! We expect great deals from you! Youre the master at it. Have a wonderful last few days, and safe travels home!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Score! I love it and its going to look great in your house! Enjoy the rest of your time and safe travels home!!

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Oh how fun. I love the chandelier. Safe travels back - Brandy

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Love the capiz chandelier! What a great trip it looks like you are having.

Danielle Sigwalt Interiors said...

In love with that chain mirror! hope you had a wonderful time! xx Danielle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails