Wednesday, January 16, 2013

GUEST POST: FOUR UNDER ONE ROOF

Hello, My Best Friend Craig readers.  My name is Yelena from Four under one roof,  I was so excited when Charmaine asked me to share my dining room with you.  My Best Friend Craig is one of my favorite daily reads, Charmaine has such a great eye for finding gorgeous vintage pieces, she never fails to inspire.

We moved into our house less than two months ago and have hit the ground running, trying to make this run down 1960s beach house into something that we love.  There is still a lot to do, but we have made a good start.

Without further adieu........ Our dining room.
The photograph that hangs above our table is a Massimo Vitali.  It was a gift to ourselves on our first wedding anniversary.  I hope I am not the only one who picks out and buys gifts for themselves!  It has become one of our most prized possessions.
Our dining table is a family heirloom and is over 150years old.  I love how it is worn and wears the scars of time.
When choosing chairs, we wanted something modern and metallic, in stark contrast to the table.  They are 1970s chairs and were an eBay find.
We layered up a jute rug with a striped cotton rug, to add some graphic pattern and texture to the space.
I am saving my pennies for the perfect pendant light to hang low above the table.  I am loving this Tom Dixon goodness....... But we will have to wait and see.  It's gotta be good!
Thanks again Charmaine for having me and I hope the you all enjoyed taking a peek into my home.
Love Yels xox

Don't you just love Yelena's dining room?!  I love every single item in this room especially the vintage chairs against the antique dining table (not to mention the Vitali photograph and the Tom Dixon pendant!).

Thanks againYels for guest posting today!  You are doing an amazing job with your new home.  Can't wait to see more! 

Make sure to check out her blog,here.  She just finished transforming her beautiful kitchen!









12 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing!!! I heart the table and all of it's history. Combined with those chairs the space just rocks!

Vel Criste said...

Your dining room is truly gorgeous!!! Love it!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This dining room is fantastic. I love those chairs and am sure you could find a light fixture on CL...eventually.

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Loving the mod chairs against that table and girl, I've been lusting after that Tom Dixon fixture for years. Been trying to use in a project forever and it just hasn't happened as yet

Unknown said...

I love her look and THOSE CHAIRS!!!!! they are so awesome. Great art, contrast, bold pop with the rug...wonderful.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Kristen said...

Love this space so much! That table is amazing and the fact that it has been in the family for so long makes it that much better. Love the idea of this photograph for the dining area! A bit unexpected but I love that.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

An amazing space!! You've done a great job and your new light will look fab when you get it! :)

pam {simple details} said...

Fabulous mix of styles ~ your table is amazing! Great job!

Vic Bibby said...

Looking amazing Yels, your home is really coming together. x

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

The chairs are awesome on their own but paired with the table they are over the top good. Love the room.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

Love, love, love it! Those chairs are too die for and I love the juxtaposition with the table. What a great space and the photograph is wonderful. You should always by yourself things, especially works of art! - Brandy

The Sister Sophisticate said...

Great guess post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails